Monday, October 2, 2017

End of Summer Breakfast

I'm not generally too fond of the end of summer. Living in Texas during the summer is a special kind of hell but one consolation is all the summer fruit. Peaches, plums, plumcots, berries, and figs galore!

Summer Breakfast

My workplace has one of those company programs that encourages healthy habits. My self assessment concluded that I could use move diversity in my fruit and vegetable intake. While it was kind of annoying that I thought I already had a healthy diet until I observed that just adding sweet potatoes to my breakfast doesn't really make up for the lack of variety. During the summer, it's easy to challenge that diversity issue with the plethora of fruits and vegetables available, but moving into the realm of limited fall fruits (though there are MANY apple varieties) and dried fruits.

Looks forward to persimmons coming in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment